Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Valentines Day

Wow February is half over already? We celebrated Joseph's 13 th birthday on the 4th.  Happy birthday to Alan's mom , Saundra, and my friend Johnna all the same week.  Happy  birthday to my dear friend Peggy Knight this week.

We had a great weekend. Alan and I drove to Ephraim to see Allanah!  We toured the campus, met a couple of her roommates and then we headed to American Fork to do some shopping. We stayed with our friends, the Alldredge's Friday night. We had a fun visit reminiscing our college days and how we met.   Allanah and I enjoyed a nice mother / daughter heart to heart talk until after midnight.  It was good.  I sure love that girl! I'm really proud of her too.

I started my afternoon job at Manila Elementary as the long term sub for Speech and OT.  I really enjoy it. I still get to sub for other teachers too so I keep as busy as  I want  to be.

I joined a book club this last week.  We are reading a book called "Out of My Mind" by Sharon M. Draper. It's about an 11 year old girl with a photographic memory. She is the smartest kid in her whole school but no one knows it. Most people, her teachers and doctors included think she is incapable of learning.  I loved this book!  It's a fast moving easy read.  Very inspiring.

Alan just got released from his two callings.  He's now the ward mission leader.  It's a little out of his comfort zone but he's ready to give it his 100% effort.  I know and he knows this is what Heavenly Father wants him to do right now. The rescue effort is a big deal and its humbling to know Heavenly Father is putting his trust in him to over see this in our ward. The blessing the bishop gave him today as he was set apart for this calling was beautiful . One thing that stuck out was he mentioned how Heavenly Father was pleased with Alan's willingness to head His promptings that lead us to Manila so he could serve in this ward. I'm so grateful for a husband who is, always willing and ready to serve in his priesthood responsibilities .  What a blessing he is to our family and those he serves. I just really love my guy!  What a great husband,dad,and friend.

Happy Valentines Day to my family and friends.  You all have truly touched my life in big and small ways.

Love Sue :)


Here's a picture of my girls kissing my face on New Years.!



No comments:

Post a Comment